Change The Future With
ZincSecure is the latest coinage material innovation developed by ARTAZN™. This technology provides superior security, excellent performance and improved seigniorage for our customers. We were the first company to provide a plated coin option to the coinage industry. Our plated zinc-based coin blanks have been in circulation for more than 35 years and our customers have seen tremendous benefits including security and economic benefits due to it. With the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) announcement in May, 2018, during the Banknote Conference that it will convert two of the high circulation denomination banknotes to coins, ZincSecure has broken the coin-banknote boundary.
ZincSecure uses non-magnetic zinc to create unique electromagnetic signatures (EMS) that offer the security of a high cost solid alloy but with significant cost savings to the monetary authorities. The non-magnetic nature of ZincSecure makes it compatible with existing sorting and vending systems. Our capability to produce different zinc alloys, each with its distinct EMS, provides customers more options to avoid the risk of EMS-overlap with other coins. Additionally, our bi-metal (two piece) coin option in ZincSecure is an ideal candidate for high denomination coins and converting banknotes to coins. ZincSecure’s manufacturing requires a high level of sophistication, technical expertise and various different processes compared to other coin materials. This creates a significant barrier for counterfeiters to replicate the coins and adds to the coin’s security.
We have over 100 years of experience with zinc strip and over 35 years of coinage experience. Our integrated facility is a one-stop shop for coin blank manufacturing. Our capability includes casting of different alloys, rolling, slitting, blanking, rimming and (mono-ply, bi-ply and multi-ply) plating. ARTAZN™ is ISO 9001:2015 certified and maintains high quality standards for coinage products using the latest technologies such as our automated visual inspection systems.
Below are our latest and important updates related to ZincSecure:
- National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) announced that ZincSecure coins will replace two banknotes – 5 and 10 Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH 5 and UAH 10) – Breaching the coin-banknote boundary
- Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Perum Peruri (The Indonesian Government Security Printing and Minting Corporation) as a 2nd source for ZincSecure
- ZincSecure was used for Commemorative Coins by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the National Bank of Ukraine
- Finalist for 2017 ‘Best Coin Innovation’ award by International Association of Currency Affairs (IACA)
- Ability to provide bi-metal (two piece) options to customers
Major ZincSecure Advantages:
Wide variety of high security, zinc-based coin alloys for mints and central banks, with strong anti-counterfeit barriers. To learn more visit the ZincSecure Superior Security page.
- Distinct EMS versus other coinage materials
- Family of ZincSecure alloys for different denominations each with unique EMS
- Base material (ZincSecure alloy) drives EMS compared to steel where plating drives EMS
- Extremely difficult to replicate an alloy’s particular EMS
- Sophisticated manufacturing processes and specialized technical expertise
- Tested by different independent organizations such as the European Vending Association (EVA)
Cost-effective alternate to high cost solid alloys (HSA) coins without compromising on security. To learn more visit the ZincSecure Improved Seigniorage page.
- Cost advantage over other coinage materials and banknotes – up to more than $350 million in cost savings compared to banknotes
- A coin typically has a life of 20-25 years while a well-circulated banknote usually has a life of 1-1.5 years
- Extended die life – internal studies showed up to 4 times longer die life for ZincSecure compared to plated steel
- Lower maintenance cost and longer press life
- Lower scrap rate and 100% recyclable
- Lower transportation costs
- Higher intrinsic value of the material at the end of the coin’s life
Mints can maintain narrow EMS window for better security and have option of customizing properties based on their specific requirements. Plated ZincSecure security is comparable to security provided by high cost solid alloys (HSA). To learn more visit the ZincSecure Excellent Performance page.
- Excellent wear and corrosion resistance – maintain superior overt features
- Modifications in mechanical properties possible for ZincSecure alloys without changing EMS
- Higher image relief and more intricate designs possible at lower tonnage due to higher formability of zinc – improved die-fill performance
ZincSecure Bi-metal Coins
Excellent choice for high denomination solid alloy coins or replacement of lower value bank notes. To learn more visit the ZincSecure Bi-metal Coins page.
- Multiple EMS options available using different ZincSecure alloys for core and ring combinations – enhances covert security features of the coin
- Differentiated signals for different ZincSecure combinations between ring and core
- Separation forces exceed market requirements
- ZincSecure can be used in combination with other coinage materials
For more information about ZincSecure and how it can be a secure and cost saving decision for your next coinage project, please Contact Us.